Insiderz (“Insiderz” or “we”) values your privacy. At our website www.insiderz.co.uk (the “Site”), we provide a social information sharing network for business professionals.
1.1 Master data
When you create a (test) profile on the Website, we collect the following master data: your username, your password and your email address. The purpose of the collection of this information is to identify you as user when you log on to the Website. Furthermore, you can choose to add more information to your profile, such as your Phone Number and Website information.
1.2 How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information (collectively “information”) for the following purposes:
- to provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfil your orders, and for other customer service purposes, which may include communicating with you via email.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, personalised help and instructions, and to otherwise personalise your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- Send you emails pertaining to our verification process, our policies, and content that you submit
- For marketing and promotional purposes to send you news, newsletters, or marketing materials about Insiderz products or services that may interest, or special offers (such as incentives for reviewing products or services you’ve used) from us or from companies listed on our site. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services in various forums, including on third party websites, on social media sites, among other means. You may opt-out of any of these at any time in your communication preferences.
- To post to your social networking accounts with your permission.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualised basis, to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful or fraudulent activity or activity that threatens the network or otherwise violates our Usage Agreement
1.3 How we share Your Information
We may share your information as follows:
- Insiderz users. Registered users may control certain privacy settings on our Site. As a default, your full profile (your “Profile Information”) will be available to all visitors to our Site, including non-registered users. You may change this setting to provide more or less visibility by logging into your account and choosing your preferred privacy setting. If you change your privacy settings, all visitors to our Site will be able to see the size and industry of your company and your job type and department (should you choose to provide this information) (your “Demographic Profile”).
- Your Social Networking Contacts.If you grant the requested permissions, we will have access to your contacts at the various social networking sites, and, with your express consent, we may invite your contacts to join our Site and our Services.
- Service Providers.We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These entities assist us with maintaining our Site and our Services, our marketing efforts, and for other purposes.
- Companies Listed on the Insiderz website.We may share your review(s) with the companies or providers of the products/services that you reviewed or with the companies listed on our site. The scope of information that we will share depends on the privacy settings on your review(s).
- Other Third-Parties.We may disclose non-personally identifiable information, derived from Information We Collect Automatically (see above), to our customers or partners to provide them audience analytics and other capabilities.
1.4 Where we store and protect Your Information?
All data is stored on our servers. Our main policy and procedure document for data protection has been overhauled to meet the standards and requirements of the GDPR.
Accountability and governance measures are in place to ensure that we understand and adequately disseminate and evidence our obligations and responsibilities; with a dedicated focus on privacy by design and the rights of individuals.
Security measures used by INSIDERZ:
- Web Application Firewall
- DDoS Protection
- SSL/TLS Certificates
- Threat Detection
- Leech Protection
- Two-factor authentication
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
When you post a review of a company, we collect the information you state in the review, including which company you review, which purchase(s) or orders the review concerns, and how you evaluate the company.
When you post your review we will share the content of your review and your Profile Information in accordance with the privacy settings on each of your reviews, which you can control by contacting email@example.com . Updates to your privacy settings may take up to 24 hours to be fully implemented.
1.6 IP addresses and browser settings.
When visiting the Website, the IP address and the browser settings of your computer are registered.
The IP address is the numerical address of the computer used when visiting the Website. Browser settings are e.g. the type of browser you use, browser language, timezone etc. The IP address and browser settings are registered to enable Insiderz to trace the used computer in case of misuse or unlawful actions in connection with the visit on or use of the Website. Further, the IP address is used to derive your approximate location (city level).
If you sign up for Insiderz newsletters, Insiderz register the information supplied by you (e.g. your name, email address etc.). If you no longer wish to receive newsletters from Insiderz, you can unsubscribe by logging on to your profile and edit your information.
1.8 Information from other services, including Social Network(s)
As part of our services, we provide you with the possibility of connecting your profile on the Website with your profile on social networks such as:
Some information about you will automatically be collected from Social Networks when connecting your Insiderz profile with your profile on Social Networks.
The information collected from Social Networks depends on what information you have made available on the network and your privacy settings for sharing such information on the network. Depending on the settings, we may e.g. collect the following information about you:
- Name and/or username (should we add a role within the company or say It has to be director/manager)
- E-mail address
- Date of birth
When you request to have your Insiderz profile connected to a profile on a Social Network, you will be informed on which information we will collect from the network in question before your request is executed.
The purpose of collecting information from Social Networks is to connect members of your network, which are both users of Insiderz and of one or more of the Social Networks, and thereby both increase the confidence in the reviews made by the members of the network as well as create a better user experience on the Website.
Insiderz does not collect other personal identifiable information from visitors of the Website, unless the visitor provides the information to us.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
- where required or authorised by law;
- to assist the lawful investigation of a law enforcement authority;
3.0 Data controller
3.1 The information for which Insiderz is the data controller
i.e. your name, your password and your email address, as well as registration of your IP address.
3.2 The information for which you are the data controller
You shall be data controller of the content you choose to disclose on the Website and for the data disclosed on your profile on Social Networks, which is the consequence of the connection of your profile on the Website with your profile on the Social Network.
4.0 Data processor
We will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
We use data processors who are third parties who provide elements of services for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
In some circumstances we are legally obliged to share information.
This section is not relevant for our test users.
Cookies are digital information which is stored on your computer. The cookie does not identify the individual user but the user’s computer, and it is used for different purposes. You can read more about what cookies the Website uses and for what purposes below.
6.0 Access, correction and deletion
Upon written request to Insiderz via the contact information. Insiderz shall inform you of the purpose of the processing; who receives the information and from where the information originates.
Requests regarding the above shall only be processed if more than 6 months have lapsed since your previous request, unless you can substantiate a special interest in obtaining the information earlier.
6.1 Correction and deletion
If you discover that the information which Insiderz as the data controller process on you is incorrect or misleading, Insiderz shall make the correction hereof on your request. We recommend that you make the correction of such errors yourself.
You may at any time correct or delete any content and information on the Website for which you are the data controller. If your personal data change, or if you no longer wish to appear on the Website, you may update or delete the information by logging on to your user profile.
When your profile is deleted, all the data associated with your user profile is deleted, including your master data and reviews on the Website. If you delete a review on the Website, the review is permanently deleted.
Insiderz reserves the right to block the access to your profile and/or delete your profile, if the profile or the content of your profile on the Website in our assessment is discriminating, racist, sexually oriented, unethical, threatening, offensive, harassing or in other ways violates the legislation, third party rights or the purpose of the Website. If we block the use of your profile, you shall be informed hereon, as well as on the reason for blocking the access, by email to the address you have stated in your profile.
6.2 Timeline policy
We do not retain data in a form that permits identification of the person(s) to whom it relates for any longer than is necessary. We will keep your details for a duration of a year unless you will sign up with us after the full functioning website is ready.
6.3 Your rights – summary
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address
- require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following address or phone number:
C/O Compass Point Digital Ltd Capital House 47 Rushey Green London SE6 4AS